Sunday, October 23, 2011

Toasted Roasted Pumpkin Seed Recipe


We carved our one year old pumpkin today (more on the one year old pumpkin in a future post).  The best part for me about pumpkin carving are the pumpkin seeds.  If you are looking for iron rich foods, pumpkin seeds are a great source of iron.  I was iron deficient when I was pregnant so tried to eat pumpkin seeds often instead of constantly taking Slow Fe (an iron supplement).

Seeds from our carved pumpkin.

Rinse seeds and drain.  I spun the seeds in a salad spinner to remove excess water.

Sprinkle olive oil, kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin (or whatever spices you like).
I eyeballed all the measurements, you can't really go wrong.   

Place in oven for 25 minutes at 325 degrees or until golden brown.


Pin It button on image hover